New York, NY — The Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) is holding its first ever virtual Benefit on December 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM. For 76 years, JCPA has been the organized Jewish community’s primary convener and consensus-builder, community relations powerhouse, and policy advocate. Today our mission remains critical as we have risen to meet current challenges in supporting the Jewish community, helping the most vulnerable during the pandemic, combatting the resurgence in antisemitism and hate, and adding an essential Jewish voice to the conversation on racial justice.
JCPA and its grassroots national network remains vibrant, dynamic, and ever more crucial in today’s fractious environment. We know, and consistently show that when our community comes together, we make an impact. These times requires Jewish unity to work toward our vision of a just and pluralistic America.
WHO: Powering the Network: JCPA’s Virtual Benefit, December 8, 7:00 PM
WHERE: The Benefit will be held virtually. People need to pre-register to attend and receive a link to join us on December 8th. To register, click here.
WHAT: Learn about how JCPA leads, supports and showcases the work of the Jewish community relations field.
Join us in celebrating the presentation of JCPA’s prestigious Tikkun Olam: Repairing the World Award to retiring U.S. Representative Nita Lowey (D – NY) and to community advocate, Harvey Reiter, Esq (Washington DC). This award recognizes their deep commitment and extraordinary efforts to improve the lives of others and to exemplify the Jewish values of social justice, tolerance, and civility.
Featured Benefit presenters include:
- Yossi Klein Halevi, Shalom Hartman Fellow, writer and Poet
- Deborah Lipstadt, Historian
- Eric Ward, Executive Director, Western States Center
- Gidi Grinstein, Founder and President of the Reut Institute
- U.S. Representatives Ted Deutch (D-FL), Lee Zeldin (R-NY), and Nita Lowey (D-NY)
- Jewish Community Relations Council professionals from around the country including Lindsey Mintz, Indianapolis; Ron Halber, Washington DC; Rori Picker Neiss, St. Louis; Daniel Goldwin, Chicago; Karen Elam, Rochester; Rabbi Robert Kaplan, New York; Carol Brick Turin, Florida; Leslie Anderson, Georgia; Diane Fisher, California.
- Master of ceremonies Yuval David, actor, host, director, filmmaker and advocate.
Event Co-Chairs are JCPA Board members Suellen Kadis (Cleveland, OH), and Susan Abravanel (Washington, DC). JCPA Chair is Michael Fromm (PA).
JCPA is a network of 125 Jewish Community Relations Councils and 16 national Jewish agencies and is the only body that represents all four denominations of religious Judaism. JCPA’s convenes its network to grapple with pressing issues of the day, build consensus, and work in common cause with other racial, ethnic, faith and civic leaders. Together, we and our network advocate for a just and pluralistic society, and support Israel’s quest for peace and security, promote global human rights.
JCPA’s ability to continue its work to help the most vulnerable, combat Antisemitism and hate, and create trusted partnerships with diverse groups requires adequate resources and financial support from our many friends.