The Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) is seeking a Communications Manager. JCPA is a non-profit organization that supports a network of 125 local Jewish community relations councils and 16 national agencies around the country and represents their policy priorities nationally. JCPA is looking for a committed, passionate professional who cares deeply about the Jewish people, Israel and social justice, and wants to make a real difference.
Reporting to the Vice President of JCPA, the Communications Manager will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, media, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the JCPA mission. The Communications Manager will ensure that JCPA is the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information on its issues of concern. The Communications Manager will work closely with JCPA professional staff as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Help devise and Implement strategic communications plan
- Coordinate rapid response on emerging issues
- Build and maintain connections between JCPA and key reporters at the national and local levels.
- Work with professional team in developing and placing opinion pieces, letters to the editor, articles, and blogs
- Monitor media on JCPA issues around the country
- Write action alerts, press releases and advisories
- Track and measure the level of engagement of media activities over time
- Continually search for innovative ways to advance JCPAs agenda and build its visibility in the media
- Oversee JCPA’s social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Maintain and update website
- Write, prepare and manage JCPA’s regular communications with consituents, e including weekly e-updates, JCPA Acts e-newsletter, and other communication materials as needed
- Ensure effective and strong communication with and among the JCPA network
JCPA is seeking an effective Communications Manager who has at least 3-5 years of communications experience, ideally in the nonprofit advocacy world, and covering areas such as print and digital media, opinion pieces, website content, newsletters. Critical is the ability to take information and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the ability to network in the nonprofit and media worlds
- Exhibits high energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, media, program participants, and other stakeholders
- Self-starter, able to work independently, enjoys brainstorming, creating, and implementing new initiatives
We are looking for a person who is smart, passionate, team oriented, and fun to be around.
Benefits and salary are commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Jewish Council for Public Affairs is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, national origin, marital status, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability.